acondas in the Public Sector – Collaboration with Regional Economic Development Firm WiN Emscher-Lippe
For over a year, acondas has been working in the public sector supporting the regional economic development firm WiN Emscher-Lippe GmbH in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW). In the Emscher-Lippe region, WiN complements the communal economic development agencies, the chambers of commerce and the economic development agency metropoleruhr. The Emscher-Lippe region includes the cities of Gelsenkirchen and Bottrop as well as the ten cities in the Recklinghausen district.
WiN Emscher-Lippe creatively shapes structural developments in the Emscher-Lippe region and helps strengthen the region’s economy. In addition, it actively links the region and lobbies the federal state government in NRW. WiN Emscher-Lippe has evolved from a classical economic development agency to a project company, driving the development and implementation of structural projects for the region. The managing director of WiN, Peter Karst, heads the team.
Once a year, the WiN Emscher-Lippe team meets with the heads of the economic development agencies of Emscher-Lippe region’s twelve cities and the Recklinghausen district as well as representatives from the Chamber of Industry and Commerce North Westphalia and the Chamber of Trade Muenster for an annual conference.
This year, for the second time in a row, acondas’ managing director Dr. Andreas Florissen prepared and moderated the annual conference of the economic development agencies. Last year, a major focus was detailing a so-called coopetition strategy between the municipalities of the Emscher-Lippe region, known as UMBAU21.
The main focus of this year’s annual conference in February was collaboration on common topics of regional economic development, such as:
- Regional marketing: Defining a common profile and umbrella brand for the Emscher-Lippe region as a basis for consistent communication and joint public relations
- Digitization: Improving the digital infrastructure by extending the broadband network, linking e-government and business, creating business needs and promoting networking between companies and research centers
- Fields of innovation: Identifying fields of innovation for the region, which are at the start of the innovation cycle
- Innovation management: Detailing the process of innovation and technology development and technology Transfer
- New ventures/start-ups: Promotion of founders of technology-driven start-ups, creating acceptance for setting up a business as career alternative as well as strengthening the sustainability and innovativeness of the Emscher-Lippe region.
Current topics of economic and structural development in the Emscher-Lippe region are regularly published in the UMBAU 21 magazine.
The acondas implementation experts support their clients in initiating, planning and implementing change projects. One of our key skills is preparing, moderating and synthesizing the results of strategy conferences and workshops.
If you have any questions regarding our project work and services, please feel free to contact us at any time: email@example.com.
The title picture shows the “Zukunftsstandort Zeche Ewald” in Herten. Picture source: Christoph Gutinger